10 Jun 2013

Project House renovations

Oh my! I've been pretty busy the last few months. Decisions, phone calls, money maths.

Dad was pretty firm about the roof needing fixing. I wanted to have something done which would be noticeable in my everyday life. My parents wanted to help me financially, I was too doggone proud. However, things were investigated, thought over, opinons and advice sought and recieved.

End result is a whole long range of things going on over the summer. So far the roof has been relaid and strange concrete blocks removed. The attic windows will be replaced sometime later. I've been busy emptying the dining area and kitchen for complete new floor. The two semi-walls are going. And now I've decided that re-papering (or re-glassfibrecovering) will have to happen - and opted for not painting the room myself. The attic hatch renewal will start tomorrow - instead of having to climb up the stepladder to open the hatch, then down and out to bring in the garden ladder in through the lousy kitchen door and carefully not knocking anything over while propping up the ladder, I will now have a hatch which should open downwards and has its own ladder attached!

The kitchen door is going too - major source of cold air seeping in, warm air flowing out - and the handle broke off on the inside a few weeks back. Instead I'll have a window - and this means a nice corner for working surface possibilities!






This is what the room looked like in the middle of May as seen from my bedroom doorway. Dining area in front, kitchen at the end.





This is the view from the opposite end taken from the archway.


And that's the fantastic cellar hatch - which is going to be absolutely marvellous once it gets the hinges moved, new flooring on - and is done well.


Most of all the stuff inside is now gone - an area 2/5 of the house squished into the rest. The pics of the room will be taken tomorrow I hope. I am happy I've had help with all this - but I'm also happy to say I have done a good bit myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment