12 Jun 2013

House Renovations: the Saga Continues

I have now started on the work of tearing down the glassfibre papering. And have revealed that most of the room which was my dining area was covered in a charming wallpaper. Perhaps not my choice of colours - but who knows how much they have changed over time - not to mention being covered by some sort of glue. I am also taking close-ups (will get posted later) because I'm inclined to try making something inspired by the pattern.





As far as I understood the paper has got to be removed too before the painter can start putting up the new glassfibre papering - which will be untextured. Yay! for getting rid of the old!

I have finished my wall-bashing - the final bits will probably be safer in the hands of someone who knows how much to keep. And I wasn't feeling too energetic today, so hardly anything happened - excepting the attic hatch which is now in place!




This can be opened with a stick - and comes down and then there's a folding ladder on the hatch! No more the stepladder to open the hatch, then outside to bring in the garden ladder to prop in the hole before being able to skibble up! Nope, no sirree! Just yank once - and flipfoldskibble!

And even though the room hasn't been emptied of everything - these pics from the same points as the earlier ones should give a good impression of just how much has been lugged out - and what the end result is going to be.





And I am fairly certain I have decided upon the colour - it seems lighter on my test patch - but that may simply be it's in a much lighter place and the current surface may be affecting it. So the overall effect should be the slightly darker tone I am coveting. And this also means I'm actually not adding a new colour to the house - it's the same as in the utility room.

No comments:

Post a Comment